Things that habitually gets on my nerves
I saw a few things today that remind me of what usually pisses me off. This isn’t a rant of any kind, not really. Just a somewhat controlled lists of shit I don’t like. lol Feel free to share what gets on YOUR nerves on a regular basis. I like to gripe in a group setting.
1. Ghetto Black People. Now, before you go on saying “You’re racist”. I’m black…barely. I mean I am by RACE/ethnicity. But a) I’m a quarter white anyway. b) I don’t act “black” (stereotypes exist for a reason, even if you shouldn’t use them). I’ve been called an “Oreo” (if you get what that means…). I despite rap, r&B, hip hop or anything related. I love rock and all under that umbrella (progressive, grunge, punk, screamo, industrial, alternative, indie, metal…etc.) I dress more punk/gothesque. I love my obnoxious red hair and piercings and my awesome tattoo. ❤ I get stared at a lot by other black people and I’ve often been asked why I’m not more “normal” or that “I’m trying to be white” or “I think I’m better than the average black person”. Um, whatever. I like what I like. I NEVER identified with “black culture”. I guess the fact that my boyfriend is white, doesn’t help 😛 Oopsy. But yes, I hate loud ass ignorant black folks. I just can’t stand it. But do what you do…I guess. Pics of me below
2. Gamer stereotypes. Ok. So. I don’t get why people always make it seem like video games is a “guys only” thing. I admit that the majority of gamers are males and a good majority of girls who play…don’t play most of the games out there. They’re usually more casual gamers. However, you have to realize there are always exceptions to the generally true rule. I consider myself a gamer. I have some older systems still, and I own the 360 slim..and soon a ps3. I play a wide variety…classic games, casual games, rpgs, but mainly FPS (first person shooters for non gaming-enthusiasts). I like Halo, CoD (black ops ftw), The Fall Out Series (New Vegas <3) and some older games like Golden Eye etc. I play a few racers, but mainly Burnout Revenge because it kicks series ass and I think it’s better than Need for Speed. NFS is a bit overrated. But that’s just me. My favorite game currently is Borderlands because it’s a unique rpg like FPS, and highly addicting. I’m looking forward to getting my ps3 so I can play uncharted, God of War and Heavy rain..Oh! And twisted metal. But yes, seriously. Stop with the “guys only” bullshit. There are girls out there who can play and WILL kick your ass. Like me. Ask my boyfriend. Oh, I also play a mean pair of drums on Rock Band. Just sayin.
3. People who don’t know how to be their own person. I HATE followers/posers/copiers. I know that everyone copies something/someone in some way at some point. However, there’s a difference between THAT and always doing what everyone else does because everyone else is doing it. It annoys me to no end. It’s like, wow way to be your own person. I’d rather be boring and be ME, than be someone else just to be “cool”. Fuck being cool. I like being myself. I’m nerdy, pretty weird, sarcastic and I like my style of dress. I’m ok with people staring at me and talking shit about me. I’m comfortable in my own skin and anyone who doesn’t approve can surely go fuck themselves. I like the music that I like regardless of WHO likes/dislikes it. I understand getting suggestions from friends for good music…but that’s different then when someone wants to ALL OF A SUDDEN listen to certain band because they want to fit in. Or, wanting to dress a certain way because the people they’re friends with dresses that way. That’s not you, if you never did. Stop being something you’re not because nobody will take you seriously. Ever.
4. People who can’t handle the truth. I know that I’m brutally honest often times and people call me a mean bitch for it. Um. That’s LIFE. If you think the world is a big fucking bowl of rose petals, you need to open up your eyes. Not everyone is going to be nice. I try to spare my friends of my honesty, and I usually do. HOWEVER, sometimes you need to tell people how it is. I’m sorry, but I’m not going to tip toe around you about every damn thing. If you can’t handle it, tough. Also, don’t start shit if you can’t handle the repercussions because I don’t back down from anyone. So don’t start things with me, and then be upset after I’ve put you down. Also, don’t be two faced and then wonder why I’m all of a sudden against you. I’m not stupid, I know what you’re doing.
5. Cry babies. It’s awkward for me…
6. Shitty bands. I’m tired of there being so many crappy bands that copy off the big named ones just to make it. I also hate the mass amount of video game cover bands and Chip tune music because MOST of them suck. The only good ones that I know of currently is Power Glove and another one I can’t recall the name of. The rest of them needs to stop. And no, your fans aren’t awesome. Sorry. 😛
That’s about it.