Monthly Archives: December 2011
So. I was talking to my boyfriend the day before yesterday and he linked me to the song “Would You Be Impressed” , By Streetlight Manifesto. I had heard it before and I don’t know why I wasn’t as into it as I am NOW. I’ve been listening to it non-stop since then…I adore this song to death. It also sums up human nature pretty well if you listen to the lyrics. So, to make up for not blogging at ALL this week (I’ve been prepping for the holidays…)…here’s the video. Enjoy!
Well, It’s a week away from Christmas…and nearly the end of the year…so I was doing a lot of thinking today. I have a lot to say about this past year overall but that’s for another entry altogether. However, I do have aspirations and whatnot for the upcoming year. So, I guess I’m just listing some of them…and also just for me to put it out in the open so I will feel liable to do them.
1. Go Back to WIU…In good spirits. I will be returning to campus but I have many fears and worries about how it will go. I don’t want to go back and be a hermit and hide away. I want to be as social as I was before I got sick. Granted, I HIGHLY don’t I’ll be setting foot into any bars because I would feel odd being in a bar in a wheelchair…but otherwise, I will try to be social in all other aspects.
2. Stress A LOT less. With my physical health being down the toilet in comparison to when I was healthy…stress will only make me feel worth on a daily basis. So, I’m going to try to keep stress out of my life as much as possible. Especially if it’s over stupid stuff, like worrying about people judging me cause of the wheelchair and all that. Not worth it.
3. Start an Etsy Shop. So I’ve been knitting hats for awhile…well I’ve been knitting other variety of things but Hats seem to be what I do best (and fastest). Someone suggested that I sell my things on etsy…So I’m going to give it a go. It will take some planning because it’s not something you can just do on a whim. I’m working on a title for the shop and a tagline…then I gotta MAKE a good amount of hats to open the shop with…pricing, packaging and shipping, business cards to promote for when people get hats from me as gifts…to pass it to other people etc. So yeah…but it is something I wanna do.
4. Get back into writing poetry regularly. I’ve been writing off and on…or I’ll have things written but I never get around to posting on dA. So. I want to go back to being more diligent in posting and being active in my poetry groups.
5. Buy more band t’s ❤ *not that it will be hard…* But try to buy more varieties…not just Coheed and Cambria.
6. Go to Lollapalooze.
7. Go On Vacation at least once. Which I will probably accomplish since I will probably be going to Atlanta and Detroit in July…and maybe N. Carolina.
8. Do something Charitable. I know some people who knit or crochet things and give what they make to shelters or an organization. I wanna do something good for people.
9. Participate in a blood drive. I don’t think I can give blood cause I’m anemic…BUT I can at least help with a drive.
10. Do one big knitting project for myself. I always do projects for other people…I wanna knit for myself. I also do things like hats and scarves…I want to do something that’s extensive and time consuming. I’m thinking a large blanket of some sort…
11. Buy a Fish…I don’t know why but I just want one.
12. Have More Sex. Yep I said it. And before you judge, it’ll help me be stress. I doubt my boyfriend will mind 😛
So. I’ve been knitting for a few months…and I have knitted various things for people as Christmas gifts mainly. After making a crap ton of hats, someone suggested I try selling my hats on etsy (a website for buying and/or selling handmade crafts). I have purchased many things on etsy and I do adore the site…I just never considered selling my stuff really. I guess I just never think anyone would actually BUY what I’m selling. However, I figure it’s worth a shot…you never know till you try right? So, I think I’m going to give it a go. There’s a lot I need to research and figure out…but I THINK I can at least make a few sales 😛 I just got to think of a name…any suggestions would be appreciated. I will be selling hats, if that helps. I want a name that will stand out. I guess I gotta look at other shops on etsy and see what names are out there…so I won’t be too similar. I also gotta see what I’m up against..lol I’m trying not to be discouraged before I even start. So yeah…that’s my plan for after the new year. I’m going to start planning NOW and then after the new year I will set up shop. So if you have ANY suggestions for names I could use, feel free to list them. If someone comes up with the one I actually pick…free hat for you. No, I’m serious. If I end up picking a name suggested here, then I will knit you a hat and send it to you. Not sure if that’s any incentive…I will have to post the other photo of the other hat I just finished making. Thanks Guys!
So. I found this…and i think it was hilarious. It’s called “Why I hate my best friends girlfriend”. It’s so great. Please, partake in this and enjoy. The guy who made it…kudos to him.
Also…I’ll throw this in. BONUS!
21 Witty Insults by Famous People
Day Four: Top Five Favorite Things About The Internet
1. Facebook…cause I can keep up with people (though half of them I don’t think I like anymore)
2. stumbleupon…I can spend hours on stumble finding random shit.
3. youtube/vids: even MORE hours of my time spent…
4. online shopping ❤ When I CANT get to Hot topic…
5. Messengers. So I can talk to my boyfriend 😀
Day Five: Top Five Places You’d Like To Live
1. Canada *well I will actually BE living in Canada soon*
2. Texas…No Idea really WHY. But…I just feel like I could so be there.
3. Italy. *for the pasta*
5. New Zealand
Maybe I’m just weird lol Feel free to share your favorite things about the almighty internet…and/or places you’d like to live OR plan on living. 🙂
So. I have been listening to a lot of 30 seconds to Mars today…therefore, that will be the focus of today’s Music Monday. 😛 I adore 30 stm by the way….
Fun Fact: The music video for “The Kill” is based off of “The Shining”. (my favorite movie) So, i appreciate it ❤
Night of the Hunter
I happened to think this was funny…I’ll just paste it here from Stumble
HOW TO TICK PEOPLE OFF
- Leave the copy machine set to reduce 200%, extra dark, 17 inch paper, 99 copies.
- In the memo field of all your checks, write “for sexual favors.”
- Specify that your drive-through order is “TO-GO.”
- If you have a glass eye, tap on it occasionally with your pen while talking to others.
- Stomp on little plastic ketchup packets.
- Insist on keeping your car windshield wipers running in all weather conditions “to keep them tuned up.”
- Reply to everything someone says with “that’s what you think.”
- Practice making fax and modem noises.
- Highlight irrelevant information in scientific papers and “cc” them to your boss.
- Make beeping noises when a large person backs up.
- Finish all your sentences with the words “in accordance with prophesy.”
- Signal that a conversation is over by clamping your hands over your ears and grimacing.
- Disassemble your pen and “accidentally” flip the ink cartridge across the room.
- Holler random numbers while someone is counting.
- Adjust the tint on your TV so that all the people are green, and insist to others that you “like it that way.”
- Staple pages in the middle of the page.
- Publicly investigate just how slowly you can make a croaking noise.
- Honk and wave to strangers.
- Decline to be seated at a restaurant, and simply eat their complimentary mints at the cash register.
- TYPE IN UPPERCASE.
- type only in lowercase.
- dont use any punctuation either
- Buy a large quantity of orange traffic cones and reroute whole streets.
- Repeat the following conversation a dozen times.
“DO YOU HEAR THAT?”
“Never mind, it’s gone now.”
- As much as possible, skip rather than walk.
- Try playing the William Tell Overture by tapping on the bottom of your chin. When nearly done, announce “No, wait, I messed it up,” and repeat.
- Ask people what gender they are.
- While making presentations, occasionally bob your head like a parakeet.
- Sit in your front yard pointing a hair dryer at passing cars to see if they slow down.
- Sing along at the opera.
- Go to a poetry recital and ask why each poem doesn’t rhyme.
- Ask your co-workers mysterious questions and then scribble their answers in a notebook. Mutter something about “psychological profiles.”
So. Yeah I know it’s actually Tuesday but I’m always busy on Mondays it seems and never have time to get things done for my blog. Ugh. Well anyway. This Music Monday will be the Video Game Music Edition 🙂 I have a particular love for metal/rock versions of video game music…and the lovely people who produce them.
I will start with a Metal Medley from the greatest video Game series of all time: The Legend of Zelda. Oh, P.S…I’m pretty positive all of these will be older games (most from N64).
Next: Banjo Kazooie!(this is just a medley of all the Gruntilda’s Lair music…my favorite is the music for the Mad Monster Mansion)
Powerglove. Not much to say other than that Powerglove is A W E S O M E. So uh…here is the Tetris (Themes B & C) cover 🙂 Mmmm a bit of Tetris metal in your day. ❤
Halo theme song ❤
So for youtube friday…I went back to an older video I used to lol at all the time a few years back…The Techno Viking. It just amuses me so…I hope it’s amusing for you as well. 😛
Day One: Top Five Favorite Excuses Day Two: Top Five Favorite Books You’ve Read For School
Day Three: Top Five Names You Wish Were Yours
Ok. So…this one is funny to me because I have a bit of a stigma against my name. A lot of people have mispronounced my name since I was in grade school (I’m a senior in college…that’s many years of dealing with name destruction). I don’t see HOW it’s that difficult because it’s Nadia…nah-d-yuh. Jesus christ. Anyway…I’d like to have a different name. SO…
1. Isabella (so my nickname could be Izzy)
2. Veronica (It’s a sexy name, me thinks)
3. Felix. ❤
4. Natasha (kind of like Nadia..but easier to pronounce…)
5. Chester….(don’t ask. it would be awesome).