Carrot-Thyme Cream Soup
Since I have decided to be vegetarian for the next couple of months, for both fun and health reasons, I have been using yummly.com like it’s going out of style to find great vegetarian meals. Soup has been on of the staples for me as of late. I love soup, especially the creamy kinds that kind of sit in your stomach. With it being winter, it’s perfect for dinner and it lasts me a good 4 days. I don’t have to cook as often, so I save money. That aside, I want to share the recipes I have tried and liked. Starting with this one. It is amazing. If you like carrots, you’ll enjoy the taste of this.
Carrot-Thyme Soup with Cream (This is for a Serving of 8. Adjust accordingly)
- 3 lbs baby carrots
- 2 qts vegetable stock
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 13 cup honey (I used less)
- 12 cup heavy cream (I used less)
- 1 dash salt
1. Add Carrots to the Pot
2. Pour in Vegetable Stock (I used Imagine Organic Broth)
3. Add in Thyme
4. Bring this to a quick boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer it for a good 45 minutes.
5. Throw it all into a blender. If you can’t fit it all, you can always do it in two batches.
6. Blend Until Smooth
7. While the soup is still in the blender, add in honey and cream. Give it another pulse or two. Walla!
You’re ready to Serve~