I’m picky with my sweets. I don’t just like all types of sweets just cause it has chocolate in it…or because it’s sugary. I do like my variety of desserts though. I like homemade chocolate chip cookies and I had never had the time or situation to really make them until now. I had some almonds on hand and figured I’d give it a go. And it turned out amazing, so I want to share these with you all ❤
Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies (this recipe is for a dozen)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (I don’t add salt. I’m watching my sodium intake. Doesn’t seem to make a diff)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
I added an extra ingredient or two, experimentally and it really turned up the flavor of the cookies. Unfortunately, I am selfish and won’t be sharing those secret ingredients 😛 But the ones listed is the basic things you’ll need. 😉
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetable oil, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Blend in the dry ingredients, then fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Happy Eatings! ❤ Be good to your sweet tooth 🙂