Well, It’s a week away from Christmas…and nearly the end of the year…so I was doing a lot of thinking today. I have a lot to say about this past year overall but that’s for another entry altogether. However, I do have aspirations and whatnot for the upcoming year. So, I guess I’m just listing some of them…and also just for me to put it out in the open so I will feel liable to do them.
1. Go Back to WIU…In good spirits. I will be returning to campus but I have many fears and worries about how it will go. I don’t want to go back and be a hermit and hide away. I want to be as social as I was before I got sick. Granted, I HIGHLY don’t I’ll be setting foot into any bars because I would feel odd being in a bar in a wheelchair…but otherwise, I will try to be social in all other aspects.
2. Stress A LOT less. With my physical health being down the toilet in comparison to when I was healthy…stress will only make me feel worth on a daily basis. So, I’m going to try to keep stress out of my life as much as possible. Especially if it’s over stupid stuff, like worrying about people judging me cause of the wheelchair and all that. Not worth it.
3. Start an Etsy Shop. So I’ve been knitting hats for awhile…well I’ve been knitting other variety of things but Hats seem to be what I do best (and fastest). Someone suggested that I sell my things on etsy…So I’m going to give it a go. It will take some planning because it’s not something you can just do on a whim. I’m working on a title for the shop and a tagline…then I gotta MAKE a good amount of hats to open the shop with…pricing, packaging and shipping, business cards to promote for when people get hats from me as gifts…to pass it to other people etc. So yeah…but it is something I wanna do.
4. Get back into writing poetry regularly. I’ve been writing off and on…or I’ll have things written but I never get around to posting on dA. So. I want to go back to being more diligent in posting and being active in my poetry groups.
5. Buy more band t’s ❤ *not that it will be hard…* But try to buy more varieties…not just Coheed and Cambria.
6. Go to Lollapalooze.
7. Go On Vacation at least once. Which I will probably accomplish since I will probably be going to Atlanta and Detroit in July…and maybe N. Carolina.
8. Do something Charitable. I know some people who knit or crochet things and give what they make to shelters or an organization. I wanna do something good for people.
9. Participate in a blood drive. I don’t think I can give blood cause I’m anemic…BUT I can at least help with a drive.
10. Do one big knitting project for myself. I always do projects for other people…I wanna knit for myself. I also do things like hats and scarves…I want to do something that’s extensive and time consuming. I’m thinking a large blanket of some sort…
11. Buy a Fish…I don’t know why but I just want one.
12. Have More Sex. Yep I said it. And before you judge, it’ll help me be stress. I doubt my boyfriend will mind 😛
Day One: Top Five Favorite Excuses Day Two: Top Five Favorite Books You’ve Read For School
Day Three: Top Five Names You Wish Were Yours
Ok. So…this one is funny to me because I have a bit of a stigma against my name. A lot of people have mispronounced my name since I was in grade school (I’m a senior in college…that’s many years of dealing with name destruction). I don’t see HOW it’s that difficult because it’s Nadia…nah-d-yuh. Jesus christ. Anyway…I’d like to have a different name. SO…
1. Isabella (so my nickname could be Izzy)
2. Veronica (It’s a sexy name, me thinks)
3. Felix. ❤
4. Natasha (kind of like Nadia..but easier to pronounce…)
5. Chester….(don’t ask. it would be awesome).
So I really like doing challenges…and I searched around for some I might like…I hit the GOLDMINE…but Had to settle on just one. SO. Since I’m really elitist in what I tend to like, I figured it would be great for me to do a challenge concerning my Top 5’s of various things. Here we go.
Day One: Top Five Favorite Excuses
1. I was really busy (I’m sure you were)
2. Oh, my phone was on silent.
3. It’s not you, it’s me (has never been used on me but…I always find it a funny excuse anyway)
4. I’d hang out with you but…the doctor said I can’t have cheese on tuesday (Don’t ask…my friend Dan made this one up LOL)
5. I forgot. (I use this all the time. People probably think I can’t keep a thought in my head).
😛 Any others? Feel free to comment.
Sorry. Being in the hospital has kept me from being consistent from day-to-day…but Here I am catching up 😛 Not that any of you care. Just Sayin.
Days 1-20 Day 21 – A song that you listen to when you’re happy
Day 22 – A song that you listen to when you’re sad
Day 21: Lol Well I listen to a lot of shit when I’m happy. Mostly Coheed. Actually, I’ll listen to them in any mood I’m in. 😛 I guess I’ll go with a song that puts me in a good mood? And try to not let it be by Coheed and Cambria lol I think I’ll go a bit far out of what most people listen to and go with “Bom Bom Bom” By Living Things. I don’t know anyone who has ever heard of this band and It took a lot of my usual hardcore music searchings to come across them. Though, I DO believe they played at Lollapalooza not too many summers back. So maybe they’re a bit bigger now. Not likely. But I do enjoy them a lot and I like knowing a small band. I just like how catchy the song is, plain and simple. It gets me into a less ‘draggy’ mood.
Day 22: Hm. Well I am a brooder by nature so I have a plethora of songs I listen to when I’m down in the dumps. The one song that never prevails to bring me out of a sad mood…”Passing Afternoon” by Iron & Wine. This is probably one of the most beautiful Indie songs I have ever heard in my life. It’s so beautiful, rich and meaningful. The lyrics are genius, sheer genius. Samuel Bean’s voice is so tranquil and so…intense at the same time. I highly recommend giving it a listen, it’s amazing. It is one of the FEW songs that can make me cry…well, when I watch House Season 4 season finale…but you get the point.
- Day 16 – A song that you used to love but now hate
This one was rather hard because I love most of my songs. If anything I’ll get bored with a song and stop listening to it for a bit, but I rarely end up hating a song after while. So this one is only half true. A song I used to like a lot (not love) was “How to Save a Life” by The Fray. I liked that song (and the album) when it first came out…before it ended up being played over…and over…and over…and over again. It’s like, wow NOW everyone likes it. But nobody did when I liked them…it’s annoying. So for awhile I did sort of hate the song because everyone was a “fan” but only liked that one song. Plus it ended up being played more than “Hey there Delilah” (barely), which is saying a lot. But the phase passed like anything else and I can go back to listening to it 🙂 I won’t post a video because I don’t feel like it…and I mean who HASN’T heard this song? lol Kthnx
- Day 15 – A song that describes you
Now, upon first instinct I was going to put “Mother Superior” by Coheed and Cambria…because I’m a fucking alpha female rawr…lol Um. But then I realized I already put that one and I promised to be as original as possible and not put any duplicates. SO! I have to pick another song. Sorry Claudio ❤ I think I’ll go with “New Born” By Muse from their Origin of Symmetry album. This song is basically about struggle, at it’s best…when you’ve “seen too much”. I’ve been through a lot in my life. I’ve lost a lot of family members, dealt with cancer, dealt with self esteem issues, depression…I’ve gone through more than a person probably should by age 22. Yet, I’ve come out of it a stronger person who can deal with what life throws in the way. I also think this song is just bad ass anyway because Muse is fucking awesome. I like listening to this song to remind me that even though I’ve endured a lot of hurdles, I’m not fucking dead. 😛 It’s somewhat inspirational, I think. But it’s hard to relate to if you’ve never really had it hard. But I think it’s a song everyone can like at least on a musical level 😀 There, enough soul sharing for one day. Here’s the vid, it’s pretty damn cool…but a bit odd. Enjoy!