I’m picky with my sweets. I don’t just like all types of sweets just cause it has chocolate in it…or because it’s sugary. I do like my variety of desserts though. I like homemade chocolate chip cookies and I had never had the time or situation to really make them until now. I had some almonds on hand and figured I’d give it a go. And it turned out amazing, so I want to share these with you all ❤
Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies (this recipe is for a dozen)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (I don’t add salt. I’m watching my sodium intake. Doesn’t seem to make a diff)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
I added an extra ingredient or two, experimentally and it really turned up the flavor of the cookies. Unfortunately, I am selfish and won’t be sharing those secret ingredients 😛 But the ones listed is the basic things you’ll need. 😉
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetable oil, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Blend in the dry ingredients, then fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Happy Eatings! ❤ Be good to your sweet tooth 🙂
I abhor gelatin as fillings for pie. DETEST. Lol My grandmother has always made lemon meringue or lemon pie (which is lemon meringue pie…minus the meringue) without the use of gelatin. She always used lemon juice and Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk. It is far superior to using the gelatin. The gelatin is too tart and sweet, and too one-dimensional. Using the condensed milk in combination with the lemon juice makes it sweet (but not too sweet), tart but also smooth and creamy…and rich. There’s just no comparison between the two and I feel that I have to do my grandmother proud and show the world the proper way to make such a delicious pie. It is how she was taught and it’s how she taught me. I was originally going to make a lemon meringue pie, but I didn’t have the cream of tartar so…lol Plus, I never cared if there was meringue on the pie or not when I was growing up, I just ate the filling and crust 😛 So, i was okay without the meringue. You, of course, can make this pie and add meringue if you choose 😀
Lemon Pie (meringue pie): The Right Way ❤
- 1 pie shell (baked, graham cracker crust)
- 3 eggs yolks
- 14 ozs sweetened condensed milk (DO NOT USE GELATIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN. Thank you)
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
Pour into crust and bake for 15 minutes at 350 Degrees.
Let Cool in Fridge before Serving!
If you’ve never tried it, you just HAVE to. It’ll change your life, honestly. lol ❤