I do have things other than smoothies and muffins for breakfast 😛 Not that I’m doing a good job of giving off that impression. So here’s a little omelet recipe I enjoy. Really quick and very tasty.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup spinach (fresh, handful)
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
1. Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place tomato and spinach into skillet and cook on medium heat until spinach begins to shrivel. Set aside.
3. Beat eggs together and pour into warm skillet.
4. Sprinkle feta cheese and precooked spinach/tomato over top.
5. After eggs appear to be cooked 1/2 or 3/4 way through, fold omelet in half and cook until center reaches desired consistency
Like I said, I’m a fan of soup. I particularly enjoy creamy and thick soups…comfort food is the best ❤ So. It is natural that I’ve made baked potato soup. Here’s a recipe for you all: (This is for a serving size of 6)
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced sweet onions
- 1-1/2 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into large chunks
- 3 Vegetarian Vegetable Bouillon Cube, crumbled
- 6 cups water
- Your favorite baked potato toppings*
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in 4-quart saucepot and cook onions, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until onions are tender. Add potatoes, vegetable Bouillon Cubes and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Process soup in food processor or blender, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to saucepot and heat through. Serve with potato toppings.
So. Kale Chips are Awesome. Easy to Make too. So here you go~
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
Another soup recipe to share! I’m big on soups, and it’s made being vegetarian for the next bit VERY easy for me. They’re nutritious and really tasty (and filling). I picked up some beets a few weeks ago when grocery shopping and Figured I’d make some Beet Soup. So, here you go!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (I use organic)
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 1/2 beets (peeled and halved)
- 1 potato (peeled and halved crosswise)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tsps reduced-fat sour cream
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add broth and next 6 ingredients (through bay leaf). Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until beets and potato are tender. Discard bay leaf.
- Place broth mixture in blender or food processor; process until smooth. Return pureed mixture to pan. Warm soup over low heat for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice. Top with soup cream. (I actually added a bit of soup cream to the blender and blended it in. You can do this if you wish)
Enjoy! And it’s roughly 50 calories per bowl (before the sour cream).
I’m picky with my sweets. I don’t just like all types of sweets just cause it has chocolate in it…or because it’s sugary. I do like my variety of desserts though. I like homemade chocolate chip cookies and I had never had the time or situation to really make them until now. I had some almonds on hand and figured I’d give it a go. And it turned out amazing, so I want to share these with you all ❤
Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies (this recipe is for a dozen)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (I don’t add salt. I’m watching my sodium intake. Doesn’t seem to make a diff)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
I added an extra ingredient or two, experimentally and it really turned up the flavor of the cookies. Unfortunately, I am selfish and won’t be sharing those secret ingredients 😛 But the ones listed is the basic things you’ll need. 😉
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetable oil, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts. Blend in the dry ingredients, then fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Happy Eatings! ❤ Be good to your sweet tooth 🙂
These are perfect for breakfast. I usually eat two with a side of hot salsa. They’re both delicious and so easy to make. I also like that I make 6 of these and I can easily store them for the next couple of days. Leftovers!
1/2 cup feta
1 cup spinach
Spices(optional): Cayenne Pepper and/or Red Pepper Flakes. Add as much as you can handle 😛
1. Beat 8 eggs in a bowl.
2. Add in feta, spinach and spices. Mix well.
3. Spray a muffin tin and pour mixture into each spot.
4. Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes, or until eggs are fully cooked.
These are also great with a bit of hot salsa on the side, I find. If you can handle the heat 😛 Enjoy~
It’s been awhile since I last posted a smoothie recipe, me thinks. So, here you go! Pineapple is my favorite fruit and this one is pretty refreshing. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do.
1 cup pineapple
1/2 cup kale
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, Vanilla.
1/4 cup Orange Juice (optional. I like the orange and pineapple combo)
I abhor gelatin as fillings for pie. DETEST. Lol My grandmother has always made lemon meringue or lemon pie (which is lemon meringue pie…minus the meringue) without the use of gelatin. She always used lemon juice and Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk. It is far superior to using the gelatin. The gelatin is too tart and sweet, and too one-dimensional. Using the condensed milk in combination with the lemon juice makes it sweet (but not too sweet), tart but also smooth and creamy…and rich. There’s just no comparison between the two and I feel that I have to do my grandmother proud and show the world the proper way to make such a delicious pie. It is how she was taught and it’s how she taught me. I was originally going to make a lemon meringue pie, but I didn’t have the cream of tartar so…lol Plus, I never cared if there was meringue on the pie or not when I was growing up, I just ate the filling and crust 😛 So, i was okay without the meringue. You, of course, can make this pie and add meringue if you choose 😀
Lemon Pie (meringue pie): The Right Way ❤
- 1 pie shell (baked, graham cracker crust)
- 3 eggs yolks
- 14 ozs sweetened condensed milk (DO NOT USE GELATIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN. Thank you)
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
Pour into crust and bake for 15 minutes at 350 Degrees.
Let Cool in Fridge before Serving!
If you’ve never tried it, you just HAVE to. It’ll change your life, honestly. lol ❤
I love Morning Star meatless products. ❤ I made these a few days ago and they were too amazing not to share. So, here it is:
Morning Star Tacos
2 Taco Shells or Flour/Corn Tortillas.
2/3 Cup Morning Star Meatless Crumbles
Shredded Cheese (I used a Mexican Blend)
Salsa (I used Hot…very very hot)
Whatever other taco ingredients you like
Spices: I used cayenne pepper, garlic powder and crushed red pepper flakes for mine, until it nearly burned the roof of my mouth off. Love it ❤ This, of course, is optional. Add whatever spices you like, to your liking. I just happen to like mine unimaginably hot.
Mix the Crumbles with your spices in a bowl, and add to a skillet. Cook Until Hot. Heat your tortilla, if you choose to. Add the crumbles, cheese, salsa, and all other ingredients. Enjoy 😀
It makes me sad when people stare at me blankly when I say I had meatless/soy tacos. How do you have tacos without meat? Easy. People manage to find ways to eat the same things everyone else does without having to have meat as the base of it all. Lol Think outside the box. Morning star is wonderful ❤